Friday, September 19, 2008

School Is In!

For much as much as I complained and cried through the summer over how crazy my house was, I can't believe I am saying this, but I miss it!

Now, I do not miss the mess and the heat this summer brought, but I do miss the laughter and activities we shared. While a break is needed from time to time, I enjoy the stories my children come up with, and the questions they come up with. It's 2:00 P.M. right now, and I am looking forward to picking them up shortly.

Spencer is in the 6th grade this year. His teacher this year is the same teacher he had when he was in the 1st grade. I think he enjoys her more as a 6th grade teacher than when he had her in the 1st grade. His favorite subjects are science and history. He's a great combo of Brent and I for sure! Spencer chose to stick with the trumpet again this year. He just got a new bike yesterday and loves it! It has gears! Yay! He would have rode it to school if today was not band. He is looking forward to riding it next weekend in the ALS bike ride in Napa with Brent. Spencer is a wonderful story teller, with a sharp sense of humor. It is crazy to think he will be 11 next month! After much pleading, we gave in and said yes to having his party at John's Incredible Pizza again this year. We have to admit, it is easy and so much fun!

Katie loves the 3rd grade so far. Reading and writing are her favorite subjects. Being a Brownie Scout has been so much fun for her! She sold so many cookies this year, and is always bringing home a patch to sew onto her vest. Katie has become quite the cook over the summer. She enjoys helping in the kitchen when she is not busy playing with her friend from down the street. High School Musical and Hanna Montana remain her favorite shows. In fact, we are searching for a Hanna Montana Halloween costume. Katie is still my snuggle bunny and I hope she won't grow out of it too soon.

Lacey Jane is preschool bound. The preschools we were looking into had waiting lists, so we are doing more looking. Going to the park and doing puzzles have been taking up some of her free time while the kids are in school. Flash cards are more fun and she loves to do that with her daddy. We are still trying to open her up to more foods. She is by far our most picky eater! Lacey Jane is just now enjoying Sunbeams at church. It took her a few months, but we are pleased with this new development.

Brent has been working so hard these past few weeks. He is excited to be getting his cast removed next week, but wishes it were off weeks ago. He really wanted to swim and go into the hot tub this weekend in Tahoe in celebration of our 14th Wedding Anniversary. But, just as long as he has no restraints put on him for next years anniversary which, if all goes planed, will be in Hawaii!! Yeah baby!!

Brent and I will be celebrating our 14th at the end of this month. We are looking forward to some time to ourselves, and would like to thank Brent's parents for watching the kiddos over night. Getting away from our daily grind is what we really need right now. I am so excited!!

I really need to take more group shots of our family to put on here. We have all changed so much since last fall. My page looks down right sad compared to my friends pages! lol I guess that will be a project for me for another day.

We hope you all are doing well and are keeping yourselves healthy and happy. Please keep in touch, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Mahaffey Family said...

Great update-time goes by so fast! Is 6th grade still elem. school out there, or middle school? Have a happy anniversary!